- Members Only
- Contact Us
Opening Jan. 20, the remodeled Vail Cascade Resort is now Hotel Talisa, with 285 rooms and a spa. Photo Credit: Hotel Talisa
1. HUUS HOTEL, GSTAAD, SWITZERLAND Outside, it looks like a traditional chalet, but the inside of this 135-room hotel is anything but conventional. For starters, the beds feature headboards that span the entire length of the room. The site also boasts some of the world’s best ski terrain: The Schönried and Gstaad lifts are both roughly two miles away. Rooms start at $152 a night. More info at www.huusgstaad.com.
2. HOTEL TALISA, VAIL, COLORADO The remodeled Vail Cascade Resort lies near Gore Creek, which forms a burbling backdrop for the spa and many of the resort’s 285 rooms. Skip the entry-level standard rooms, which lack the fireplaces and private terraces that you’ll find one category up, in the deluxe rooms. It’s also a mile away from the restaurants of Vail Village and the skating rink in Lionhead. Opens Jan. 20; rates not yet available. More info at www.hoteltalisa.com.
3. THE BLAKE, TAOS, NEW MEXICO The 80-room hotel, which opens in February, will blend elements of Alpine and Puebla design: The lobby will have a white adobe fireplace adorned with antlers and flanked by Native American textiles. The lifts are also located right outside your door. Rooms from $249. Website is skitaos.com.
4. SUVRETTA HOUSE, ST. MORITZ, SWITZERLAND The 105-year-old Suvretta is renovating its rooms to fit in with the 21st century, which means sleek wood floors, graceful rugs, modern striped window treatments and pops of violet. Guests will also have access to one coveted perk: the new house car, a Tesla, painted in British Racing Green. Rooms from $290. Website is www.suvrettahouse.ch/en.
5. DUNTON TOWN HOUSE, TELLURIDE, COLORADO This décor at this high-design, five-room inn is a riff on the heritage of Austria and Tyrol, with antique Austrian furniture and art that was curated by co-owner and professional gallerist Katrin Bellinger. The lifts are just two minutes away. Rooms at the inn, which is scheduled to open Nov. 8, start at $350 a night. Info at www.duntontownhouse.com
Updated November 2, 2016, 11:08 AM
By Bloomberg News